It is understandable that many people are looking for parking options at Luton airport. There will be times when booking a local taxi company to provide an airport transfer, such as the service provided by Sky Airport Transfers, is the smart option but there will be times when you are looking for a parking alternative.
Anyone heading to Luton Airport should note that the post code they require for their Sat-Nav is LU2 9QT.
As you’d expect, there are official car parking options at London Luton Airport, and there is a range of options to choose from:
- Short Term Car Park – A couple of minutes walk to the terminal
- Mid Term Car Park – Around five minutes journey by shuttle bus to the terminal
- Long Term Car Park – Around ten minutes journey by shuttle bus to the terminal
- Multi Storey Car Park – A short walk across a link bridge to the terminal
SHORT TERM CAR PARK
When it comes to the cost of using the Short Term Car Park at Luton Airport, there is a range of costs, dependent on how long you use the facilities for. Any motorist using the facilities for up to 40 minutes will pay £7 and anyone using the facility for 40 minutes to 1 hour will pay £10.
For a stay between 1 and 2 hours, the cost is £14, for a stay between 2 and 3 hours, the cost is £18 and anyone staying between 3 and 4 hours will find that the cost is £25. There is a charge of £27 for anyone staying between 4 and 6 hours while anyone staying between 6 and 9 hours will have to pay £40. A stay between 12 hours and 24 hours will cost £45, and this is the cost for every day and part day after.
These prices have been in place since 1 st of April 2016 and were correct at the time of checking the London Luton Airport website.
MID TERM CAR PARK
This car park provides you with secure on-site parking at Luton Airport with a connection to the terminal building via a shuttle bus service. The shuttle bus service is said to take 5 minutes but obviously this doesn’t include waiting time which may be longer.
The shuttle bus runs, on average, every 12 minutes and it operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The transfers run from the Medium Term Car Park to Bay B at the Terminal building. The shuttle buses provides access to wheelchair users and people using Category 2 scooters.
Any motorist using the Mid Term Car Park for up to 15 minutes can do so for free, the cost for up to 30 minutes of use is £3, the cost for up to 45 minutes worth of use is £7 and the cost of using the facility for up to an hour costs £10. Anyone using the facility for a period of time between 1 hour and 24 hours will pay a fee of £27. The cost of every additional day, or part day, is set at £27.
Anyone using the 15 minute free drop-off option is not allowed to do so again within a 4 hour window, or they will have to pay a fee for using the facility.
The Mid Term Car Park also provides parking bays for motorcycles and there is free parking for a maximum of 21 days. Any motorcycles parked for longer than 21 days will be charged at the normal daily rate.
LONG TERM CAR PARK
The long term car park is available with two hours of free parking but any stay longer than 2 hours will be charged at the daily rate and motorists cannot return to the car park within a four hour period.
There is a shuttle bus service from the Long Term Car Park to the terminal building with this free service usually taking around 10 minutes. The shuttle bus service runs from the Long Term Car Park to Bay A at the Terminal Building and it operates every 15 minutes. This shuttle bus service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is access for wheelchairs and Category 2 scooters.
The current day price for the Long Term Car Park is £25 for the initial day and there is a charge of £21 for every subsequent day.
UNOFFICIAL PARKING OPTIONS AT LUTON AIRPORT
While many people are happy to take the official car parking options at Luton Airport, there are also options for people who would prefer to use an alternative parking option. There is a wide range of companies providing car parking at Luton Airport, so you should find that there is something that suits every budget and need.
All prices correct as of the beginning of April 2017:
- Airparks Drop and Go – Priced at £6.62 per day and £52.99 per week, while being located 3.1 miles from Luton Airport. The shuttle service takes 12 to 14 minutes
- Swift Meet and Greet – Priced at £7.75 per day and £62 per week, this service is located at Luton Airport and there is no need for a shuttle service
- Long Term – Priced at £8.12 per day and £64.99 per week, this service is located 0.4 miles from Luton Airport Taxi and the shuttle service takes 10 to 15 minutes
- ShortRun – formerly Central Car Storage – Priced at £8.75 per day and £69.99 per week, this car park is found 1.1 miles from Luton Airport and the shuttle bus service takes 5 minutes
- Mid-Term Parking – Priced at £9.75 per day and £77.99 per week, this car park is found 0.3 miles from Luton Airport and provides a shuttle bus service which takes around 5 minutes
- Short Term Parking – Priced at £11.75 per day and £93.99 per week, this car park is found 0.3 miles from Luton Airport and no shuttle bus service is provided
- Priority Parking – Priced at £13 per day and £13 per week, this facility is located at the airport and there is no requirement for a shuttle bus service
Other unofficial airport parking providers at Luton Airport, who have not provided up-front parking costs include Return Greet Time Saver who are found 4.3 miles from Luton Airport and who offer a 13 minute shuttle bus service, Airport Carparkz Park and Ride who are found 1.5 miles from Luton Airport and who provide a 5 minute shuttle bus service and Airport Carparkz Meet and Greet who offer a meet and greet service at Luton Airport.
If you aren’t using public transport or booking a taxi, like Sky Airport Transfers, these car park options at Luton Airport should provide you with a suitable place to park during the duration of your trip.